If you’d like your baby or toddler to be able to join in the Halloween fun this year, then these one-off events and activities across the city should be perfect for you. Please note most will require booking and will be popular, so early booking is advised.
1. Kirkstall Abbey Scarecrow Trail, 30th October – 4th November, 10.00am – 3.30pm – The Abbey will be hosting a ‘not so scary’ scarecrow trail around the abbey ruins and playing a game of spooky hide and seek with the little ones. Suitable for toddlers and babies in carriers. No booking required. Pick up a trail sheet from the Visitor Centre, open 7 days a week except Mondays. (Please note the Abbey is closed on Mondays).
Kirkstall Abbey Visitor Centre. Tel: 0113 3784079
2. Rainbow Factory Spooky Five – 5th, 11th, 12th, 19th, 25th & 26th October, 10.00am-2.00pm – The Rainbow Factory will be exploring 5 of their favourite spooky books throughout October in preparation for Halloween! Through crafts, singing, messy play, dancing, games and interactive theatre they will bring the stories to life in a way you haven’t seen before. Including Funny Bones and Room On The Broom. Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking advised.
Springfield Commercial Centre, Bagley Lane, Farsley. Tel: 0113 257 5750
3. Baby’s First Halloween Party at The Little Gym Leeds – 25th October, 1.30pm-3.00pm – Have some Serious Halloween Fun at your baby’s first Halloween Party! For children aged 4-12 months, you’ll get a taste of what happens in regular classes and plus a fun safe environment for babies to explore and experience The Little Gym. Refreshments provided for parents and babies – go and join the fun! Members and Non Members welcome. Tickets: £5. Suitable for babies. Booking required.
The Little Gym, Moor Allerton Centre. Tel: 0113 3359915
4. Rave From The Grave at Goals Leeds– 25 October, 10.30am-2:00pm – A Boomchikkaboom event, Rave From The Grave will have singing, dancing, sensory lighting, bubbles, foam party AND as a one off special treat Goals will be providing a FREE mini buffet to sample their new menu. Suitable for 0-5 years. Booking required.
Goals Leeds, Kirkstall Road. Email: email@example.com
5. Dark Garden Halloween Trail at Hollybush Conservation Centre– 28th October, 5.00pm – 7.00pm – Halloween Event for toddlers and younger children. Lanterns will light the way on a magical and fun activity throughout the Hollybush garden. Join them for apple bobbing, potion tasting and other spooky fun. Suitable for toddlers and babies in carriers. Booking required.
Hollybush Conservation Centre, Kirkstall Tel: 0113 274 2335
6. Halloween Party at Eddie Catz Soft Play, Mothercare Crown Point, 29th October
BABY PARTY: 3pm-4pm, for children 0-18 months. Time to play, a visit from Eddie Catz and a Halloween themed sensory session from My Baby Can Dance Leeds.
TODDLER PARTY: 4.30pm-6pm, for children 18 months to 7yrs. Time to play, a glitter tattoo and entertainment from Dancing Tots (Halloween themed)
Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking required.
Crown Point Retail Park. Tel: 0113 244 0555
7. Halloween and Firework Messy Moo Music Special, 2nd November, 9.45am – 11am –Enjoy your favourite Moo Music and a variety of Gooey firework and Halloween themes stations to get messy with. This session is suitable for sitting to 5 years. Booking required.
Adel Sports and Social Club, LS16 8DE
Moo Music is also holding a Halloween Pumpkin Party at The Milk Churn in Scarcroft on 31st October at 10.45am. With singing, dancing and props, a Halloween themed craft activity and a spooktacular take home gift. Plus use of the outside play area.
Both sessions are suitable from sitting to 5 years. Tel: 07932 501904
8. Shake, Rattle & Boogie Halloween Boogie at Kids Academy, Holt Park – 31st October, 1:30pm-2.30pm – A dance and music class for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers with a spooky twist! Watch the story of ‘Room on a Broom’ come to life through singing, dancing, music & laughter! This fun and interactive workshop is £5 per child. Suitable for children from 0-5 years. Booking required.
Kids Academy, Holtdale Approach, LS16 7RX. Tel: 07984 158281
Other Halloween Boogie sessions are also available in Adel, Calverley & Horsforth, visit the Shake, Rattle & Boogie Facebook Page for more details.
9. ARTventurers Halloween Party at the ACA Alwoodley, 30th October, 10am-11am– Spooktacular Halloween party for children aged 6 months to 6 years. Squidge, squish, paint, explore, sing and dance with ARTventurers. Suitable for babies and toddlers. Booking required.
ACA Alwoodley, The Avenue, LS17 7NZ. Tel: 07810 497977
10. Shuffles Entertainment Halloween Disco Party, 31st October, 10.30am – 12.00pm – The Mini Pumpkins party is anot so scary disco party, aimed at under 6’s. Includes disco with Mr Shuffles, snow and bubbles, Halloween themed dances and games, fancy dress costume prices, Halloween goodie bag and kids drink, crisps and a biscuit. Suitable for toddlers. Booking required.
Adel War Memorial Hall, LS16 8DE. Tel: 07710 626226
Your local Leisure Centre will often have something on too, although these haven’t been published yet. Keep an eye on our October Half Term Page and we’ll publish details here as soon as they’re released.
If you’d like to give Pumpkin Picking a go with your Toddler then we have also created a handy spot to the best Pumpkin Picking Patches in the local area.