7 things to do with the kids in week 4 of the summer holidays!
As we head into the forth week of the summer holidays here’s a quick roundup of 7 things you can do with the kids. Ranging from free activities at home to local walks and day trips a little further afield.
1. The Greatest Breeze Show kicks off this week at parks across Leeds. The performance will include singers, dancers, magicians, comedians and more. It’s completely free and you can bring up to six members of your household. Tickets MUST be pre booked.
2. Have a day out We have a handy roundup of 10 days out within an hour of North Leeds HERE. There is something for all ages.
3. Enjoy a walk spotting nature around a reservoir We have ideas for child friendly walks around local reservoirs HERE.
4. Get back to naturewith some hands-on Nature activities, we have lots of ideas for activities HERE.
5. Get lost in a Maize Maze!If you enjoy a challenge as a family, a Maize Maze provides good family fun for all ages. We have ideas of 5 local mazes to visit HERE.
7. Eat Out to Help Out – Treat the kids to a meal out Monday – Wednesday and get a discount as part of the government ‘Eat Out to Help Out’ scheme. Find local places participating HERE.
1. Take in some local history at Kirkstall Abbey – The Abbey itself is beautiful but there are also 7 acres to explore in its grounds too. Including the riverside and woodland if you’re looking to make a longer trip of it.
2. Complete the Mumbler Summer Scavenger Hunt-Whatever the weather, a scavenger hunt is a great way to get the kids using their eyes and looking for things either inside your house or out in your garden!
3. Get out in the sunshine & enjoy a circular walk – we are really lucky to have lots of lovely circular walks in North Leeds, perfect for those little legs! You can find our favourite routes here.
4. A Day out to Mother Shiptons Cave – adventure through the Pixie Village Trail, play in the Adventure Playground, visit the Cave and see the Petrifying Well & Wishing Well! Advance bookings only, full details and our post-lockdown review can be found here.
5. Enjoy a Family Bike Ride – we have some great National Cycle Network routes locally, or have you found a new family favourite?
7.Have breakfast in the park – Pack up an easy breakfast – we usually grab some croissants, yoghurt tubes and fruit – and beat the crowds to one of North Leeds lovely outdoor spaces. The kids will love having breakfast outdoors! Make it extra fun by letting them go in their jammies. · Make microwave popcorn – you just need a brown paper bag, popcorn kernels and a few minutes. You could even take your teddies and turn it into a Teddy Bears Picnic!
1. Take a Fairy Door Trail – there are some lovely local trails in North Leeds and further afield. Full details can be found here
2. Get active at Gravity Kirkstall, Leeds– Gravity reopened its doors this weekend and has a fantastic summer pass offer running throughout the Summer holidays.
3. Take the skateboards, bikes or scooters to a skate park and try some new skills – this is a new concept for my Mini-Mumblers but they had great fun on their scooters in the local Skate Park this week!
2. Get active in the trees at Go Ape at Temple Newsam– This is a great one to occupy a range of ages, the challenges are done by height with the minimum height of 1 metre. We visited on Saturday and they have lots of additional measures in place to ensure a safe experience. Pre-booking is required as numbers in each time slot have been limited.
5. Get started with the Summer Reading Challenge – This year the summer reading challenge is digital and the theme “Silly Squad” offers families a chance to have fun and just “GET SILLY!”, with children being encouraged to read anything that makes them happy – whether it be a comic, joke book, poetry, fiction or non-fiction. Find out more here.
6. A day out at Mother Shipton’s – There’s something for everyone with Cave, Pixie Village & Trail, Petrifying Well, Adventure Playground and Museum. Pre booking required, find out more here.
7. Activities for babies & toddlers – Lots of class providers are running summer holiday special baby, toddler and pre- school specials. Click here for all the details.