The Accounts & Office Assistant will be working in our administration team to ensure the smooth running of the office and keeping our accounting software up to date. Reporting to the Head of People, this role is vital to keeping our office a happy and productive place. We are offering a permanent part time position of 20 hours a week over, ideally, 5 days.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about delivering correct and accurate accounts while being a friendly and welcoming presence in the office. With an eye for detail, they will recognise when items around the office need replenishing or fixing and will have a proactive approach to making sure these are done.
The Accounts & Office Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
• Uploading all invoices on to the system, ensuring that approval has been acquired for all invoices;
• Reconciliation of all supplier invoices;
• Reconciliation of all company credit cards;
• Ordering of office consumables via approved suppliers
• Meeting & greeting visitors to The Shed;
• Answering the telephone;
• Escalate serious issues to the Head of People;
• Get stuff done properly, first time around;
• If you see something that’s broken, fix it. That includes the coffee machine!
Skills & Experience
The Accounts and Office Assistant will have some experience of working with an accounting software package.
In addition, the role holder should have:
• A positive and welcoming attitude
• A willingness to help out
• A proactive mindset
• Previous experience of working with Xero would be beneficial
The Role will be based at The Data Shed’s Leeds office.
At The Data Shed, we are all responsible for our own, and each other’s development. As such, we are encouraged to deploy coaching and feedback skills on a daily basis to facilitate the improvement of all. Experience of these skills is helpful but being open to them is a must.