Locality Services Manager
Location: Chapeltown, Leeds LS7
Employer: St Martin’s Practice on behalf of Chapeltown general practice
(Part-time: 15-22 hours per week, across 4 days. This is a fixed term contract for 18 months.)
Who are we?
We are a vibrant and forward-thinking network of general practices in Chapeltown, Leeds. It is an exciting time to be working in General Practice in Chapeltown as we engage with the changing NHS & its opportunities to better serve our patients. Our 7 practices have committed to work together in a spirit of co-operation, openness & communication, focused on results & pragmatism – as set out in our shared Memorandum of Understanding.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can run the Locality’s existing shared services, improving the way they work and taking responsibility for some key operational and financial tasks. We have plans for new services which you would lead. Running alongside this you would have a critical role in supporting our locality networks, supporting meetings and pushing actions forward, acting as a lynchpin for communications across the locality
You will love working with people in a fast-moving environment whilst getting a kick out of being organised and efficient. It is never boring!
You will enjoy:
- Bringing a creative approach to making things run smoothly. You like sorting things out.
- Supporting colleagues to work as an effective team and develop their own skills.
- Having an eye for detail and getting things finished.
- Being part of a team where everyone relies on and trusts one another.
- Connecting with people and keeping them at the heart of the service you deliver.
Previous experience of general practice, while helpful, is not essential. You may want to develop your career in general practice or be looking for a new direction. We are most interested in candidates with:
- the ability to connect and communicate with people.
- experience of seeing when things aren’t running well and creating a solution.
- experience of managing other people and being responsible for their development,
- who find it rewarding to exploit IT efficiently & effectively
- thrive when working in a devolved, flexible, autonomous working style.
What will you do?
It is a busy locality and you will be supporting our team to help people who may be anxious, unwell or who just want a chat.
- Run our shared services: Woundcare Clinic/ Healthy Minds service /shared Healthcare Assistant service– organising staffing, rotas, bookings, IT, supporting / improving best governance.
- Develop planned new services including for diabetes, and our winter scheme
- Write / edit the Locality Newsletter
- Take minutes & push forward actions for Board meetings, Practice Manager meetings and Nurse network
- Work closely with the Locality staff from practices and the CCG.
Are you interested?
We would encourage anyone interested to come and meet us before submitting an application.
The salary band for the role is £21,450- £27,300 per year for full time hours (£11-14 per hour), depending on skills and experience. We are happy to work with the right applicant to finalise working patterns as regards days/hours especially if there is a need to work around childcare or other personal commitments.
We offer membership of the NHS pension scheme, and 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you would like to know more or arrange to come and see us informally, please contact:
Camilla Hawkes, Practice Manager, St Martins Practice firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 284 9749
Lindsay Gollin, Practice Manager, Allerton Medical Centre Lindsay.email@example.com 0113 221 1930
How to apply
To apply, please go to https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/
Closing date for applications is 9am Tuesday 27 November 2018
Interviews are planned for week commencing 6 December 2018.