The courses are very physical and whilst the eldest Mini Mumbler flew around the three loops in level two in record time and got the chance to have extra turns (as you can stay on for your full slot) the youngest Mini Mumbler was tired by the end of an hour and needed some energy snacks!
The Go Ape! Park Adventure is a great family activity and one you can do with children of all ages (over 1 metre high). It provides a good challenge without being scary, we all left very proud and happy that we had conquered the challenges! It was a really nice way to spend quality family time together and Mini Mumbler’s are already planning another adventure with cousins!
Mumbler’s Top Tips
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothes, I noticed a few children had onsies on! It is physical and you do get hot so I would wear thin layers or on colder days skins.
- Wear shoes that are suitable for climbing e.g. trainers. No sandals, open toes or heels are allowed.
- Gloves are recommended, you can buy fingerless Go Ape! ones at the shop.
- If you’re all climbing take minimal personal belongings with you.
- Adult (participating) to child ratios do apply especially for Level 1 so make sure you check these out before visiting.
- Check with the kids if they need the toilet before the harnesses are fit as trust me it is a pain getting all the kit off and it eats into your time in the trees!
- Go Ape! is a physical activity and I found that my kids were starving when they finished. There is a cafe within Temple Newsam Estate but if you don’t plan to go across make sure you take some snacks and refreshments.
- There is free parking available within the grounds of Temple Newsam Estate but it can get busy if there is an event on so just allow extra time to get there.
- You can make a day out of your visit to Go Ape! by visiting Temple Newsam Estate which has woodland walks, parks, farm with animals and ride on tractors, house and cafe to visit. In the school holidays, they often have themed events running.
Temple Newsam Road, Leeds LS15 0DX. Tel: 01603 895500
If you are travelling by bus the 19 and 19A buses run to Whitkirk, 1 mile from Temple Newsam House. The 10 bus runs directly to Temple Newsam House during school holidays from Easter to October half term.