The Jane Tomlinson’s Run for All Leeds Half Marathon takes place this Sunday (13th May), with runners setting off from 9.30am onwards.
The route starts in The Headrow alongside Victoria Gardens, heads out of the city centre, takes in a section of the Ring Road and returns via Abbey Road and Kirkstall Road before finishing in Cookridge Street alongside Millennium Square.
If you need to ferry the kids around to classes or parties on Sunday there are a number of road closures in place for the race, full details of all the closures can be found here. The ones specific to North Leeds include:
- Meanwood Road, The whole, 9.00 – 11.00
- Stainbeck Avenue, Between Bentley Lane and Stonegate Road, 9.00 – 11.15
- Bentley Lane, Between Meanwood Road and Stainbeck Avenue, 9.00 – 11.15
- Stonegate Road, Between Meanwood Road and King Lane, 9.15 – 11.30
- King Lane, Between Stonegate Road and the A6120 Ring Road, 9.30-11.30
- A6120 Ring Road, Westbound, inner lane only between King Lane and Lawnswood Roundabout, 9.15-12.15
- A660 Otley Road, A6120 Ring Road to Weetwood Lane, 9.15 – 12.15
- Moor Grange Drive, Between Moor Grange Rise and Spen Lane, 9.45 – 12.15
- Moor Grange View, Between Moor Grange Drive and West Park Drive, 9.45 – 12.15
- Weetwood Road, The whole, 9.45 – 12.15
- Spen Road, Between Weetwood Road and Spen Lane 9.45 -12.15 (Damley Road will be two way to permit access)
- West Park Drive, Between Moor Grange view and Spen Lane, 09.45 -12.15
- Spen Lane, Between Spen Road and Butcher Hill, 9.45 – 12.15
- Butcher Hill, The whole, 9.45 -12.15
- Hawksworth Road, The whole, 9.15 – 12.30
- Kirkstall Lane, Between Commercial Road and Morris Lane, 9.15 – 12.45
All above times are approximate and subject to change. There also a number of junction closures and parking suspensions in North Leeds, for the latetst information click here.